Sacred Heart Cemetery

980 Graham Road
Florissant, MO 63031

Office at Calvary Cemetery: 314.792.7738

In the center of its Graham Road frontage, one enters Sacred Heart Cemetery. On the right is Section 2, an area with lawn level markers set flush to the ground. On the left, Section 5 contains both rows of granite monuments and shared family monuments, offered in several different shapes and granite selections. Both single grave and two grave shared family monuments lots are available, offering many different options for memorialization.

Straight ahead lies Section 3, a large, open expanse composed of mainly lawn level marker lots. A heroic, white marble statue of the Most Sacred Heart of Christ stands on a polished, red granite pedestal. A variety of modern granite monuments in various colors and shapes face the chapel behind the statue of Christ.

Across from this shrine, a wrought iron fence surrounds the chapel and garden mausoleum complex. Single and tandem crypts are available, as well as niches for the inurnment of either one or two cremated remains.

On the south side of the cemetery, after passing the floral lawn crypts, five rows of hillside lawn crypts are offered in Section 6. They are in long rows that terrace the landscape with eye-appealing granite wall markers. The lawn crypt purchase includes burial space for two persons and two (pre-installed) concrete outer containers. The road then leads up the hill, beside the crypts, to the oldest sections of the cemetery, the Victorian part known as Section 1 and the Old Section.

Traditional monument and lawn level marker lots are also available in the newest area, Section 10. There are lots for private family mausoleums and sarcophagi as well.

Contact the office for specific details and pricing information or email your request.


980 Graham Road                                                                                  SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW CEMETERY MAP
Florissant, MO 63031
Located in Florissant (North County of St. Louis, MO) just off Interstate 270

From the East or West:

  • Take I-270 to exit 26B
  • Go North .4 miles
  • Sacred Heart Cemetery will be on the right.






Around 1846 Germans began moving into Florissant Valley. In 1866, thirty-five German Catholic families in the St. Ferdinand Parish received permission from Archbishop Peter Kenrick to build a second parish church and a parochial school where the German language would be used.

The first pastor, Father Ignatius Panken, established a German parochial school first, and the church was completed in 1867. The church was named in honor of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The Sisters of the Precious Blood taught the students.

The early Germans buried their dead in the old St. Ferdinand Cemetery. When the St. Ferdinand Parish Council requested a new cemetery in 1874, the Germans of Sacred Heart asked for a separate plot of land for their own cemetery. The site on Graham Road, a short distance from the New St. Ferdinand Cemetery, was selected and called the "German Catholic Cemetery" for many years. Today it is known as Sacred Heart Cemetery.

Originally, only a small portion of the property was developed as a cemetery. A road led from Graham Road to the large stone crucifix. Later developers sold part of the undeveloped land for a subdivision.

Archbishop Joseph Ritter took over the management of the two Florissant cemeteries in the 1960s, and Catholic Cemeteries redeveloped them. At Sacred Heart Cemetery the large granite crucifix was moved closer to Graham Road and the old entrance was closed. An epic size statue of the Sacred Heart was erected in Section 3 on a column of Missouri red granite, forming a second shrine within the cemetery. Later a chapel for committal services was constructed, along with an outdoor garden mausoleum, niches for the inurnment of cremated remains, lawn crypts, floral lawn crypts and shared family monument lots. In July 2009 another burial section was opened, known as Section 10. Both monument lots and lawn level marker graves are offered. In the fall of 2013 niches for the entombment of cremated remains were offered in the free standing chapel.