St. Peter Cemetery

St. Peter Cemetery

520 W. Monroe Avenue
Kirkwood, MO 63122

Office at Resurrection Cemetery: 314.792.7737

Enter St. Peter's Cemetery through its arched entrance, erected in 2008, from Geyer Road at West Monroe Avenue. The single road meanders through the cemetery and passes the burial section for priests of St. Peter's Catholic church and the Ursuline nuns. Traditional monument and lawn level marker lots are available, as are lots for private family mausoleums and sarcophagi.

This cemetery continues to be active today. Contact the Resurrection office or email for information.

 

520 West Monroe Avenue                                                                                 SCROLL DOWN TO VIEW CEMETERY MAP 
Kirkwood, MO 63122
Located West of downtown St. Louis just off Interstate 270 (at S. Geyer & W. Monroe)


From the North/South:

  • From I-270, take exit 8 East.
  • Go East on Dougherty Ferry Road
  • Go past the high school.
  • Turn right (South) onto S. Geyer.
  • Ahead on the right is St. Peter Cemetery
  • (just past Kirkwood City Park Community Center)

Map

TO PRINT CEMETERY MAP:  LEFT CLICK ANYWHERE ON CEMETERY IMAGE

 

St. Peter Cemetery in Kirkwood is the oldest Catholic cemetery in St. Louis county. In 1832 Father Charles Van Quickenborne, the head of the Jesuit St. Stanislaus Novitiate in Florissant, began missionary work in this area. In 1833 the Catholic families here purchased eighty acres on Geyer Road for a church and cemetery. The first-recorded burial was that of Unity Breen, wife of Peter Breen, who died January 28, 1835, at the age of 28. In 1867 a new, brick St. Peter's church was built closer to Kirkwood Road. The older church on Geyer Road burned to the ground in 1875. The parish property at that site remains the present day St. Peter cemetery.

In spite of the relocation of the church, the cemetery remains an important asset to the community and is still active today.

Contact the Resurrection Cemetery office or email for more information.