5239 West Florissant Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63115
Calvary Cemetery, in north St. Louis, is the site of the main office for the north and outlying cemeteries in the area. These cemeteries are: Calvary, Sacred Heart, St. Ferdinand, St. Mary's, St. Monica, St. Charles Borromeo, The Cemetery of Our Lady, Ste. Philippine and Holy Cross.
It is the second oldest cemetery of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. Established in 1854, it contains the graves of many noted persons who were identified with the very beginning of St. Louis. Others were conspicuous in its later development and in national affairs.
Some of the old burials and tombstones were moved to Calvary from much older Catholic Cemeteries originally existing in the present downtown area. Many of the cemetery memorials and lot designs are of architectural interest. In addition to those listed in the Historical tour of the cemetery, other well-known St. Louis family names will be noticed on monuments along the self-guided tour, which begins at the main entrance of the cemetery, West Florissant at Union Avenues.
Calvary includes two mausoleum complexes. The indoor, two story Shrine Mausoleum offers single, tandem and companion crypts, premium niches for the inurnment of cremated remains and two beautiful chapels for committal services. There is none other like it in the area.
The outdoor All Saints Mausoleum and chapel offers single and tandem crypts, and niches for the inurnment of cremated remains.
A stand-alone columbarium unit for the entombment of cremated remains, topped with the Pieta, was installed in Section 34 summer of 2010.
Traditional monument and lawn level marker lots are available in many sections of the cemetery, as are single and two grave shared family monument lots. Lawn crypts are offered, with many options for memorialization. There are lots designated for private family mausoleums and single sarcophagi units. Contact the office for specific details and pricing information, or email your request.